Pages

Monday, October 15, 2012

Whew! What a Weekend!

So lately I have been on a cleaning spree-cleaning out closets, cabinets, rooms, EVERYTHING! This past weekend was no different! I got soooo much done! But, the highlight of the weekend wasn't all the cleaning.... it was with my 2 furry roomies! 
Ok, so here's the situation.... So I'm outside Saturday evening playing ball w my babies, Lily (my Aussie) & Gypsy (my lab) when they both went for the ball at the same time. All of a sudden I heard a yelp from my Lilypad & then there was blood everywhere!!! It was all over her nose & mouth & of course I had a total spazz attack! Gypsy (accidentally) head butted her & hit her so hard in the face that it knocked her front tooth right out of her mouth!!! 


Ahhhh! I know right?! 
 It was a horrible situation & made for a very stressful evening after an already super busy day of working then cleaning out everything that opened. Lily hadn't eaten all day & I knew something cold would feel good on her poor mouth....
I was stressing & physically exhausted......
 enter ice cream & chocolate....
Now, I'll be honest, I could have made a really tasty treat for us both out of Greek yogurt but I wanted the real deal!  Well, I had light, no sugar added ice cream & I made healthy peanut butter cookies but that was close enough to the real deal for me! I crumbled the warm, straight out of the oven cookies on my light, no sugar added ice cream & yes, as you can imagine.... It was total heaven!! I highly enjoyed every bite!! Even though I ate too much!! The best part was having the treat was having it with my sweet Lily then snuggling up with her to watch a movie & give her some TLC that she so deserved after the accident! Bless her heart! The TLC continued & yesterday morning she ate healthy oat pancakes & scrambled eggs with me in bed! 
Me & Lily's breakfast!


Ok, maybe I spoil her a little.... what can I say?! She is my baby! But my little snaggle tooth seems to be ok now so I am glad!


Aw! Look at that face! ;)

That may not seem like a lot but that's just skimming the surface cause I know you don't want to hear ALL about my weekend! LOL - 
 So tonight I am just thought I would share some pics with you from out exciting weekend & the recipe for those sinfully decadent cookies cause you gotta try em!!  This recipe is totally healthy too by the way! I modified mine by using natural peanut butter instead of almond butter &  a mix of semi sweet & white chocolate chips instead of dark chocolate cause that was all I had & it was the weekend. The dark chocolate is of course the healthier option because of it's health benefits. But for a cheat, it was just fine! 
Oh yea, I am totally taking the easy way out on this recipe & just posting a picture of it instead of typing it out! Sorry! It came from my Best of Clean Eating cookbook which I totally LOVE!!! Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment