Pages

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

YES, I shall have HEALTHY Hot Chocolate!

Hot chocolate........ 
when I hear those words I get all a warm fuzzy feeling inside
 & I think of watching The Polar Express on a cold night all snuggled up on the couch by the lights of the Christmas tree! What do you think of when you hear the words hot chocolate?
Actually, though I love hot chocolate as much as any red blooded American gurl, I rarely ever drink it because #1 - It's loaded with sugar, calories & carbs - the very demons that I work so hard to sweat off at the gym every day & #2 - I am very caffeine sensitive & since hot chocolate is something I usually think of  at night....... I also know this  decadent treat, if consumed at night,  will leave me lying awake til well after midnight resulting in plenty of time  to kick myself for the extra calories before bed before ultimately proceeding to download countless apps from the app store on my iPhone while waiting for the caffeine/ sugar buzz to wear off so I can sleep! Now, I can't lie, sometimes this can be fun- like at the holidays while lying in bed talking with my sister like little schoolgirls staying up past their bedtimes- but the holidays are fairy tale world & while I greatly look forward to them.........right now, I am in the real world &  I want to sleep! I NEED to sleep! So, anywho - today, when I got home from the gym & was preparing my post workout shake, I decided not to wait til night time or the holidays & Polar Express time.....
I wanted hot chocolate NOW! 
So, I glammed up my usual post workout shake & made it over into hot chocolate that I not only did NOT feel guilty about, but dare I say - PROUD that I "indulged" in!! It feels so awesome to me when I can take a beloved comfort food that would be so mean to my hips & make it into something that makes me feel like I got the  
moooooooves like Jagger! ;)
So...... yes, I shall have Hot Chocolate & 
it shall be HEALTHY!!!!

Dymatize ISO 100 Gourmet Vanilla


Before I go any further, I have a new protein powder that I would like to introduce! Dymatize ISO 100 Whey. Let me tell you that this is the Mother Ship of protein powders! It is so yummy! I mean this is the best protein powder I have ever tried! And it is lactose & gluten free w 0 sugars & only 100-106 calories, 1.5 carbs & 25 grams of protein per scoop! WOW! I have it in Cookies & Cream & Gourmet Vanilla. Both are fabulous! I buy my protein powders & all kinds of other goodies on bodybuilding.com!
 
Hot Chocolate






So, it's easy peas-y to make of course!
Take a cup of Unsweetened Almond Milk. - If you haven't tried Silk's version yet, oh my goodness!.... You need to! Then I just used 1 tsp of cocoa powder (you can add more depending on how chocolate-y you want it - but remember cocoa powder is bitter so don't add too much!), 1 scoop of Gourmet Vanilla protein powder & 1 Tbsp Stevia. Shake it up in your shaker bottle & then pour into a microwavable mug, microwave to desired temp, cuddle up & ENJOY!!!
P.S. This Gourmet Vanilla protein powder I am using made it kinda taste like it had melted marshmallows in it a little.....  
Mmmmmmmm...........

No comments:

Post a Comment