Pages

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

A Yummy Bedtime Snack!

It's hump day! 
I hope y'all are having a great week! I feel a lot better today than I did yesterday. Yesterday I was having a throw in the towel day..... I have been working hard around my house & I am mid-way into the Body Earned program so physically, my body is feeling it! I am so used to pushing myself though & not resting when I need to that I really can't tell I am over trained until I start noticing myself getting really ill & cranky! Another thing that has contributed to my "illness" is this feeling of deprivation I have been experiencing & I know this is due to the eliminating of fruits from my diet since I started this program. So, yesterday I started incorporating them back in & it automatically resulted in me having a better day nutrition wise! I felt better last night & I feel better today! My mood is so much better & I physically feel better which speaks volumes to me about how much fruit really does my body GOOD!!! I LOVE fruit & I know my body NEEDS it! 
Anyway........... on to the bedtime snack! While preparing my foods for this week I wanted to make a go to snack that I could reach for in the evening when I wanted something different than a protein yogurt or a shake. So I came up with these Bedtime Bars! I used PB2 in mine because I didn't have any natural peanut butter & I was looking to make something low  but I fully intend on making them with the real deal in the very near future cause they were amazing with PB2-so,  I can only imagine they would be extra amazing with my natural peanut butter! YUM!
Bedtime Bars
1/4 c almond meal
1/4 c PB2
1 scoop Vanilla Whey (I use Dymatize Gourmet Vanilla) 
1/4 c H2O
1/4 c unsweetened Almond Milk
3 Tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes
1/4 Stevia. 
Bake for just a smidge (not long!) in a 8x8 pan at 350! Made 9 bars cause I didn't cut evenly & the last 2 were skinny so they equaled 1 bar! Lol
*Nutritional content- *50 cals, 2.5 grams of fat, 2.5 carbs & 4.8 grams of protein!! 
These are good size bars too so the nutritional numbers really impressed me!! If you want to make these for a daytime treat you could use oat flour. Since these were an evening snack for me I used Almond Flour since it counts as a healthy fat (not a carb like oat flour would)  & healthy fats are good to consume in the evening. You can also use natural peanut butter too like I mentioned earlier. If you decide to change anything , just adjust the nutritional content accordingly! They were heavenly made just like the recipe above but I am sure they would be great made with oat flour as well & definitely with natural peanut butter! I mean, is it possible to go wrong with natural peanut butter?!
I ate mine hot with a glass of cold almond milk! Next time I will try em cold with a glass of warm cinnamon Almond Milk-my fave!
 Mmmmm.....

No comments:

Post a Comment