Pages

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Banana Bread Babies

Well the weather here in small town Tennessee can't make up it's mind! 
Is is still Summer or is it Fall?! Ugh! 
In my heart it is Fall & I am ready for the weather to follow suit! 
I think some cooler temps are moving in tonight & that makes me happy! So, with my heart beating to the rhythm of Fall & the upcoming holiday seasons, comfort food has totally been on my mind lately! One of my favorite Fall comfort foods is Banana Nut Bread! I love to make the mini loaves & give them away as gifts & I love having it around at the holidays! So, I knew coming up with a good healthy recipe for it was something I needed to be working on! And what do you know?...... not to brag, but - I got it perfect the first time! I love it when that happens! Cause when baking clean & healthy, that is a challenge! Even the people in your house who may not be into healthy eating are going to love these! I had one as soon as they came out of the oven & it was seriously an act of willpower not to eat the whole darn pan! Seriously, this recipe gets 5 stars! I am very proud of it! Can you tell by all the pictures I took of it? lol..... I couldn't help it! It's so pretty & crumbly! They look like baby banana bread loaves!
How cute is that?!
Also I got to playing around with some different filters on my camera & they made for some more interesting pictures instead of the plain "oh, here's a picture of my food"  pictures i usually post! lol......I couldn't decide which picture I liked best so I posted them all. I think I like the first one best! Which one do you like?? I want your opinion on which picture is your favorite & also what you think of these Banana Bread Babies! You can leave your feedback in the comment section below! I would really appreciate it! :)

Serve warm with a glass of cold cinnamon almond milk while seated & relaxed so you can totally savor each delicious bite!! 
BANANA-YUM! 


Banana Bread Babies
1 C Oats (ground into flour)
2 large kinda ripe bananas (approx 7 oz each) - mashed & set aside
1/4 Unsweetened Almond Milk
1/4 C PB2
1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I use Dymatize ISO 100 Gourmet Vanilla)
1 egg white
1 tsp Brown Sugar Splenda
1/8 C Stevia & 1 Tbsp (seperated)
1/4 Pecans (chopped)
1/2 tsp baking soda & 1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
*Preheat your oven to 350. Have chopped pecans set aside in a small bowl. In another small bowl, mix Brown Sugar Splenda & 1 Tbsp Stevia & set aside. These will be used for the topping!
Grind oats into flour then add remaining dry ingredients & blend well. Add banana & blend some more before adding the remaining wet ingredients. Pour into a 8 x 8 pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray & then sprinkle pecans on top. Then sprinkle on the Stevia/ Brown Sugar mix & bake until edges start looking brown & a toothpick comes out clean! Remember not to over bake! You want them to be moist & not dried out!
I cut mine into 10 bars but you could also cut into 16 squares if you like! Adjust nutrition accordingly! :)
This is the nutritional content for the way that I made mine.

 I added a scoop of protein powder to it but you can leave that out if you want. You could also make this with almond flour & I know it would be amazing! It would cut the carb content down as well! Also you could make with natural peanut butter or almond butter! Just adjust the nutritional content if you make any changes! I use My Fitness Pal to figure up the nutritional content of all my recipes! It's easy peas-y! I use it to track my noshes too! If you aren't using it yet, you ought to! It is so great for staying on track & a total lifesaver
 for recipe saving &  calculating! )







1 comment:

  1. That looks sooo good. A co-worker used to bring me banana bread every year!

    ReplyDelete