Pages

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Pizzuchini

I have been pinning like a mad woman lately on Pinterest!
 But, as you all know if you are addicted to Pinterest - it is easy to pin your little heart out & never take the time to actually make anything you are pinning! Whether it's crafts or recipes. So, I have been trying to do better at the actual making of the things I am pinning. Needless to say it has kept me pretty busy! I have been crafting a lot more than cooking lately but I wanted to share a recipe with you that I got from Pinterest that I made that is easy, 
healthy & was pretty darn yummy!
it's a Pizzuchini! A pizza like dish that is made from a zucchini! I don't know about you, but I love to try to make all different healthy pizzas! So, while it's not your regular pizza with the bread crust, it's a lot healthier, low carb & very figure friendly which I LOVE! Don't we all?!
I have also seen a recipe for Pizzuchini bites that are made with sliced zucchini pieces & topped the same way for mini versions!
 Bet they are good too!
You cut a zucchini in half & hollow out the inside like you would if you were making a French Bread pizza, spray with Olive Oil cooking spray then roast it in the oven til it's tender before proceeding to  fill with whatever you like! I filled mine with 1 4 oz lean hamburger patty that I had already made up & was planning to eat as a burger, 1/4 C of 2% mozzarella cheese & topped with roma tomatoes sprinkled with garlic & basil. Then pop it back in the oven til cheese is all melted! YUM! I didn't use any sauce but I think I may next time because I think it would be tasty with a sauce but even without any sauce, it was so good!


No comments:

Post a Comment