Pages

Thursday, July 5, 2012

BEST RECIPE EVER!!!! - FRUITCAKE

Ok, I blog about the recipes I love the most! But, I don't remember the last time that I came up with something so good that I just had to stop (after I ate it,  of course) & blog about it right then & there! Well...... that time is now! I just came up with the absolute most fantabulous dish to date! I am calling it a Fruitcake because it's made like a pancake but with fruit..... so it's a Fruitcake! Let me tell you, this was so good that I turned right around & made it again but made it into Fruitcake Muffins so I could have them to eat on for a few days. 
SOOOOOO GOOOOOD!!!!!! 
Simple, sweet, fruity, filling, healthy & at around 200 calories - sooo very figure friendly!!!!! You have got to try this! I know I will be making this A LOT from now on! It'd be so good for breakfast but since I love breakfast for dinner, I ate it for dinner tonight! There are all kinds of different fruit options that I am sure would be wonderful in these! I used blueberries & strawberries but I would love to  try peaches, like  Peaches 'n Cream Cakes...... apples, like Apples Pie Cakes & top with honey, bananas, like  Banana Cream Pie Cakes & top with natural peanut butter...... YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fruitcake (with toppings)
 Fruitcake
cake ingredients:
4 egg whites
1 Tbsp unsweetened almond milk
1/2 C fresh (or frozen) fruit - I used strawberries & blueberries.
1/2 Tbsp vanilla
1 Tbsp Stevia
topping:
1 vanilla carb smart yogurt
1/2 Tbsp Stevia (optional but it gives the yogurt a sweeter taste that makes it taste more like a topping instead of just yogurt.)
Fruitcake without toppings

*Put all cake ingredients except fruit in a shaker bottle (or whip with a whisk) & shake really well. Then remove lid & wire mixer ball, add fruit & give it one more good shake. Pour into a pre - heated skillet over medium heat & cook like you would a pancake. It won't get really firm because of the fruit so you just kind of have to check the bottom & when it looks brown, it's time to flip it! This part was tricky because of the fruit! Flip & cook until both sides are brown like the picture above.
Stir the Stevia into the yogurt in a small bowl or in container & spread on top. Then I added a few more pieces of fruit & a sprinkle of pecans!
And get ready for some seriously happy 
taste buds my friend!
Fruitcake Muffins

For the muffins, I did the same thing but used 6 whites (for 6 muffins) & just added a little fruit to each muffin cup after filling them 1/4 with the egg mixture. I am practicing extreme willpower because I haven't tried one of them yet but I know they will be equally as delightful! And maybe easier to deal with since the flipping won't be an issue. They are so pretty too aren't they?! 
I LOVE PRETTY FOOD!!!! I love it even more when it's
 HEALTHY, YUMMY AND PRETTY!
 Nutritional content for the Fruitcake (including topping)- 200 calories, 10 carbs & 18 grams of protein!
Per muffin - 25 calories, 4 carbs, 4 grams of protein!

2 comments:

  1. seems to be missing some sort of flour or flour equivalent......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think oat or coconut flour would be fantastic in added to this recipe! When I made it, I was going for something different....... kinda like a fruit omelet sort of thing. :)

      Delete