Pages

Friday, June 8, 2012

TGIF & Quickie Pancakes!!!

TGIF everyone! 
It's Friday & I haven't blogged since Monday! I wasn't planning on not blogging this week but I actually got sick on Wednesday so honestly there hasn't been anything exciting going on with me & the food I have eaten this week due to that. As a matter of fact I didn't even have any meat yesterday! Bleck! I hate being sick! It happens quite often to me though unfortunately but it's still something you never get used to. 
But I wanted to at least write a quick blog to give you all a FRIDAY shout out & 1 quick & easy recipe for you to maybe try this weekend!
So.......I am a pancake gurl! I LOOOVE & ADORE pancakes!! Who doesn't right?! I mean homemade, healthy ones........honestly I have only had pancakes from a restaurant once! They were from iHop & make no mistake about it they were SINFULLY DELICIOUS!!!!! But in some ways having a senstitive stomach makes dieting simpler for me because things like that don't set well with me so I have just gotten used to not eating fattening foods & in general .... not eating out very often. I usually only eat out but about 2 times a month & I never finish what I order. (Other than my wine but that's another blog altogether! ;)) But I love to cook & know how to make my favorite foods healthy, thank goodness! So I never really feel like I am missing out!
Take this recipe for instance..... while they are not your typical melt in your mouth butter & syrup laden grandmother's pancakes they still satisfy my craving for my favorite weekend indulgence without leaving me feeling guilty even a smidge!
Quickie Pancakes

All you need is:
Quickie Pancakes
5 Egg whites
1/2 Oats
1 Tbsp Stevia
1 tsp vanilla
a dash of cinnamon
*Blend in your Ninja or other food processor & pour onto heated pancake skillet into little cakes making them as big or small as you wish!
You could probably add some protein powder too but I haven't tried that yet. I made this batch on the weekend so to make it feel like a "splurge", I topped them with some sugar free syrup. Soooo good!!!!  I have also tried them topped with natural peanut butter & sugar free jelly & they are equally fabulous!
*These figure friendly pancake imposters are 235 calories, 27 carbs &  26 grams of protein for the whole batch! How many other pancakes have that impressive of a nutritional content?!
Happy weekend everyone!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment