Pages

Sunday, June 10, 2012

A Craft & A Recipe!

So, like I told you last week I am trying to start getting back to crafting again. It's one of my most favorite ways to get in "me" time! I love doing all sorts of creative things. I'm into beading, doing puzzles, painting, drawing, decorating, writing & I could go on & on! I want to get into decoupage soon & I am about to start painting & decorating wine glasses! So, needless to say, I can be on Pinterest FOREVA looking at crafty & creative ideas! I wanted to share with you something I made today out of a wine bottle & glass stones! 
It came out so pretty! 
I call it a Glowing Iced Wine Bottle!

Glowing Iced Wine Bottle

All you need:
A hot glue gun & lots of glue sticks!
A wine bottle (remove any stickers)
Glass beads in whatever color combination you choose!
1 mini light strand (these could be colored too if you want!
*I used alcohol to remove the sticker from my bottle then dried it really well & just started hot gluing the stones on in no particular order! When you are done just slide lights in & plug in & you have your own handmade elegant night light! This would make a great gift too! :)

Now for a quick indulging yet figure 
friendly snack! 
I bring you another protein bar recipe! The "bar" was set so high after those Pumpkin Peanut Butter ones I made last week I knew the next batch had a lot to live up to! I wanted to try to make one of my personal favorite comfort foods into a bar & it came out super yummy! They are an indulgence though even though they are clean & healthy &They are a great choice for a post workout snack while your body is in calorie torching mode! I am going to try to make them without honey next time & see how they come out! I usually eat 1 Tbsp of natural peanut butter every day for my healthy fat & to satisfy a sweet tooth. If I have nuts that day, then I skip it.

Peanut Butter & Jelly Yum Bars!

Peanut Butter & Jelly Yum Bars
1 C Oats
1/2 Cup of Natural Peanut Butter
1/2 C Natural Honey
2 Tbsp sugar free grape jelly
1 Scoop of Vanilla or Peanut Butter flavored protein powder
Melt the pb & honey until you can stir it (don't get it super hot & really runny,  you just need it warm enough that you can stir in the oats). Add the oats, protein powder & grape jelly & stir until well mixed. Then press into a 9 x 9 pan & pop it in the fridge! After cooled, I cut mine into 12 bars but you could also do 16 squares if you wanted to & just adjust the nutritional content!
*Per decadent bar - 130 calories, 15 carbs & 6 grams of protein! 
YUM!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment