Pages

Friday, June 1, 2012

TGI Love Fabulous Food Friday!

If you are reading this post then you made it through the week like me! Whew! I had my doubts a couple of times! This week has seemed so off to me! It's the holiday though. They always throw me off! I had a great week though! And it's supposed to be a lovely weekend weather wise so I am happy about that! I have a weekend project that I am going to start on today! I am going to paint my front door & antique it! Pretty excited about it! 
I haven't tackled a project in awhile so it'll be fun!
Now, on to a few great things I ate this week! 
Butternut Squash French Fries
I am going to start with the Butternut Squash French Fries! French fries are like one of my favorite foods of all time! I love them made out of anything & I love ketchup! So, show me a way to enjoy my fries without the guilt & I am all on it! I got this recipe from Busy But Healthy Recipe Club. Click here for the recipe. I seasoned mine differently though. I sprayed mine with cooking spray then sprinkled Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb seasoning on them & tossed it all around. I had mine with 1 Tbsp of reduced sugar ketchup because I am a ketchup addict! And they were AWESOME! This is a recipe I will definitely be making again! But I must say that, just like Spaghetti Squash & Sweet Potatoes, Butternut Squash's are tough little veggies! So have a really serious knife that can handle the job of cutting it up!

The next 2 recipes are for satisfying your sweet tooth the 
totally clean & healthy way! 
This recipe for Blueberry Muffins came from my Spark recipe app & they are soooo yum!!!! I made them last Sunday morning & are so great as a side for eggs instead of your traditional toast & jelly! Gooey gooey goodness right here! 
Mmmmm Blueberry Muffins
Mmmmm Blueberry Muffins!
1.5 C Whole Wheat Flour
3/4 C Stevia
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1Tbsp Vanilla
1 container plain non-fat Greek yogurt
3/4 C H20 C water
3/4 C Blueberries (I used frozen)
*I mixed 1 tsp of brown sugar Splenda & 2 tsp of Stevia then after spraying the tops with I can't Believe It's Not butter spray, I sprinkled the brown sugar blend on top! 

*Directions:
Combine and mix dry ingredients. Then add water and yogurt, mix then add berries and stir carefully. Fill greased regular sized muffin cups 3/4 full. Bake at 400 F. for 18 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. I broiled mine just long enough to get the tops golden!
*I mixed 1 tsp of brown sugar Splenda & 2 tsp of Stevia then after spraying the tops with I can't Believe It's Not butter spray, I sprinkled the brown sugar blend on top!
*Makes 9 muffins - 85 calories/15 carbs/4.5 grams of protein per muffin.




Pumpkin Peanut Butter Protein Bars
These are Pumpkin Peanut Butter Protein Bars & let me tell you ..... you will have to practice self control when eating these because they are WONDERFUL!!!! I went off a recipe from The Gracious Pantry but I altered it some so mine is different & lower carb & calorie! Here is the recipe!
 Pumpkin Peanut Butter Protein Bars
3/4 C Oats
1/4 C Pure Pumpkin
1/2 C natural peanut butter
1/4 C natural honey
1 Vanilla Carb Smart yogurt
1 scoop Vanilla Whey Protein Powder 
Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Toast oats til they turn a nice golden brown then remove from oven and allow to cool completely. Mix all ingredients in a bowl then spread into a 9 x 9  square baking pan. Bake until a toothpick comes out almost completely clean but not totally because they will continue to bake after you take them out & you want them to be soft & chewy. They will have a light golden brown appearance & the top will feel firm. I left mine in my pre heated toaster oven for about 10 minutes. Allow to cool. Slice into 10 bars (one time down the middle then 5 on each side) & store in a Tupperware container or Ziploc bag.

So, I have to say that I have had a great recipe week! I love trying new recipes that end up coming out great! That's one great thing about having sites that you know you can always count on to go to for recipes that never let you down! I have a couple of more recipes that I am looking forward to making this weekend! I encourage you to check these sites out if you haven't already! (Spark Recipes has an app!) ;)
The Gracious Pantry
Busy But Healthy Recipe Club
Spark Recipes 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment