Pages

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Mid Week & Pumpkin Spice Pancakes!

HUMP DAY AGAIN!
The forecast here in small town Tennessee is sunny with a side of pancakes!
Pancakes are my very favorite breakfasts of all time! And fortunately, there are sooooo many options for HEALTHY pancakes out there to choose from that I can enjoy them often without all the guilt that comes from a stack of regular old fashioned dripping with sugar pancakes! Not that I am knocking those kind of pancakes but let's face it...... you can't lose weight or keep it off by eating pancakes like that on a regular basis! So these pancakes are for those of us who favor the figure friendly kind without sacrificing the flavor...... plus they have the added pizazz of spicy pumpkin which is ALWAYS tasty in my humble opinion no matter what the season! ;)
  
Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
 You will need:
1 1/2C Oat Flour
1/2 C Pure Pumpkin
4 Egg Whites
1 1/2 C Unsweetened Almond Milk
4 Tbsp Stevia in the Raw
1 Tbsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 Tbsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Nutmeg
1/4 tsp Allspice
Directions:
Preheat pancake griddle to medium heat. Grind your oats in a Ninja or food processor until flour consistency . Then mix all dry ingredients in a bowl. or continue to blend in Ninja. Then add all wet ingredients & blend until smooth.
Pour medium sized cakes onto griddle sprayed with non-stick spray. Cook 3- 5 minutes on each side or just until done. Makes 10 - 11 cakes. 

I love any pancakes with a side of eggs! That's because I LOVE eggs too & how can you ever go wrong with 2 breakfast faves?? I love topped my pumpkin spice pancakes with 2 Tbsp of Sugar Free Syrup this morning but it tends to be hard on my tummy because of the sugar alcohols in it so I look for one with the least amount of sugar alcohols per serving & only use a minimal amount!!!!  1 Tbsp per pancake (sometimes even less) is enough for me!! But I have also had them warm with 1/2 Tbsp of natural peanut butter or 1 Tbsp of sugar free grape jelly & they are simply divine that way too!
Per pancake - 64 calories, 1.3 grams of fat, 9.5 carbs, 0 sugar & 3.5 grams of protein!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment