Pages

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Wednesday is Operation: Smoothie

I have to say that I am really ready for this week to be over! It has just been one of those weeks when I just can't seem to get it together! And to make it worse, I thought it was Thursday til about 2 hours ago until my friend brought me back to reality! Ugh! You know it's a tough week when you think you are a day ahead!  Ahhh! Oh well, at least it's Wednesday night right? It's all downhill from here! Now, on with this weeks smoothie recipe & 
I'm one step closer to a night of relaxing & playing chuck it with the glow in the dark ball 
with my 2 favorite furry friends!

Ms. Fru Fru
1 scoop of Chocolate Protein Powder
1/4 C Unsweetened Almond Milk
1/3 C  Silken Tofu
1/2 C Ice
1 Tbsp Stevia
Dash of Cinnamon
Dash of Nutmeg
*Mix it all up in your Ninja & enjoy!  
Ms. Fru Fru will have you prissing around at 
150 calories, 5 carbs & 25 grams of protein! 
I have always wanted to try Tofu so I finally did! Just the name of it sounds 
clean & uptown to me ..... hence the clever name! Haha! ;)
Tofu is low calorie, high in protein, low in fat & very low in saturated fat! Some studies show it can lower cholesterol and may even help prevent certain types of cancer,
 including breast and prostate.
I have to say that it made my smoothie richer in texture & you can't even taste it. It really does take on the flavor of whatever you use it in. I used it as a spread & in my oats & I liked it a lot! I want to do some more investigating on where & how to use it before I buy it again though because it only keeps so long so I ended up throwing most of it out just due to the fact that I didn't really know enough about it to use it all up. But I am very interested in learning more about it & using it more! I REALLY wanna learn how to make veggie burgers!!!!!! It's really amazing stuff & so full of health benefits!
Wanna learn more about Tofu for yourself?! Click here!
And I would love to hear from you on your Tofu experiences so tell me about em!


No comments:

Post a Comment