Pages

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Wednesday is Operation: Smoothie

Better late than never right?! It seems like I am a day late & a dollar short lately! Although I did show up for yoga class at 9 on Tuesday (like I was told) & it didn't start until 10:30 so on Tuesday I was actually ahead of the game! Haha! So this edition of Operation: Smoothie comes to you the day before everyone's favorite day of the week..... FRIDAY!!!!!!! And I gotta tell ya...... this is a good one! Totally worth the wait! It will satisfy the sweet & the sour in you! It's totally different from any smoothie I have ever made but one I will now be making OFTEN & in all kinds of flavors! Actually, it's not really even a a smoothie though.....it's different. I am going to call this one...... a "smuffy"! I just coined a word! Because it's a fluffy smoothie! How cool is that?! I LOVE the texture of this!!!! The carbonated H20  mixed with the Stevia & protein powder makes it soft & foamy & just really fun for your mouth! Kinda like how you can't eat pop rocks without smiling.... Remember that?!

And you can't beat the fact that it's made with carbonated H20! 
I love this stuff! I used to drink this stuff tall the time & I have no idea why I ever stopped! But you can find it cheap & it's everywhere & in soooo many different flavors! And, it's WATER!!!!! NO CALORIES!!!! HELLO?! What are you waiting for?! 
Read the recipe &  go make yourself a smuffy! 
(& watch the clip below cause I HAD to post! If you have seen the movie Despicable Me, you'll know why I couldn't resist!)







Kiwi Strawberry Smuffy
1 Cup of Kiwi Strawberry flavored carbonated H20
1 packet of Strawberry Crystal Light
2 Tbsp Strawberry flavored protein powder (or vanilla would work)
1 Tbsp Stevia
3/4 C of ice
*Blend in mixer until it's all fluffy! Garnish with a strawberry & a small dab of fat free redi whip (optional) or a slice of kiwi would be pretty too!
*This satisfies the low calorie, evening, sweet n sour protein tooth for a tiny 45 calories, 2 carbs & 10 grams of protein!


No comments:

Post a Comment