Pages

Friday, May 11, 2012

TGI Love Fabulous Food Friday!

Another week is behind us! It is so hard to believe that Mother's Day is this weekend! This year is flying by! I feel like I have spent a lot of it in the gym & in the kitchen! But, I am a healthier person because I have remained faithful to my health & fitness goals & that makes me proud! 
I just want to continue to learn & grow & strive toward positive changes in myself that I can share with others around me!
In this pre - Mother's Day post I bring you 3 really great treats! You are going to LOVE THESE!!!! I could hardly wait to write this blog!! I love trying new recipes that end up blowing your expectations out of the water don't you?! So, let's start with 2 variations of completely clean & totally easy ICE CREAM!!!!! Yes, you read that right! Actually, I think the second one tastes more like a sorbet / sherbert than ice cream but that's the same family, right?! They are both totally awesome! I got the first recipe from a page I follow on Facebook called Lean Body Lifestyle. And his recipe inspired me to try to make a more tropical, sorbet-ish version! And here they both are!




The recipe for both is the same but with different ingredients. You need to freeze your fruit overnight. For the Chocolate Banana Ice Cream you need 2 frozen bananas. For the Tropical Twist Sorbet I used about 4 oz of fresh frozen pineapples & 2 large frozen strawberries. You just take your frozen fruit, chop it up, throw it in your Ninja, add a couple of Tbsp of unsweetened almond milk to start & continue adding til you get it to the right consistency. I think I used about 4 total. And 1 Tbsp of Stevia. Blend it all up to ice cream consistency & when you get it there you can throw it in the freezer for a little while before eating it or eat it right then! The nutritional content will depend on how much fruit you use & how many servings you make out of it!
Seriously y'all........ you can't beat this as a completely GUILT FREE alternative to ice cream! And I am telling you......cross my heart & hope to die, stick a needle in my eye & pinkie swear that these actually taste REALLY GOOD!!!!!








For the final recipe that makes me wanna shout TGI Love Fabulous Food I give you another great, healthy & totally clean  snack!
















Take a container of plain nonfat Greek yogurt, stir in 1 Tbsp Stevia & 1 Tbsp of natural peanut butter & coat chunks of sliced apples then take 1/2 Tbs natural peanut butter & heat it up so it's thin enough to drizzle & drizzle it over your yogurt covered apple chunks. Pop in the freezer until the yogurt & peanut butter has hardened & you have the perfect little frozen sweet snack! You can keep em in your freezer & just have a little frozen yogurt apple bite whenever you feel the urge!
 How ya like them apples?????? ;)





 


No comments:

Post a Comment