Pages

Sunday, May 13, 2012

A Beautiful Weekend!

I hope you have all had a great weekend!  
GUESS WHAT?! I finally figured out how to get my recipes on Pinterest! It probably doesn't sound like a big deal & maybe it wouldn't be for you...... but trust me......it was pretty complicated to me! I have been trying for a long time now & this weekend I finally got it figured out! I hope that you all will be able to pin things from my blog as well..... I am not sure if I got everything straight on your side..... I think I did..... but I'm not sure so we'll see!  
Try to pin something & let me know! 
There once was a gurl who dreamed of having smooth, sexy legs just like all gurls do. But shaving all the time really left her skin irritated because she shaved A LOT!!!! All that shaving caused her to get  these inconspicuous yet annoying little  bumps on her upper thighs. No one could see them but the gurl knew they were there for she could FEEL them. This frustrated her because what  good did all the hours on the stair climber do if her legs didn't feel as good as they looked?! One night while she was in the shower, she ran out of shaving cream & she totally panicked. Oh no!! What was she going to do? She couldn't go without shaving so she grabbed  a bottle of conditioner & used it instead. "Hmmmm.......this conditioner is so much smoother to shave with!", she thought to herself. When she got out of the shower, she rubbed body oil on her legs while they were still wet just like she always did & thought to herself, "Hmmm, my legs FEEL much smoother, too!" The next day she noticed that she couldn't feel those little bumps like she did before. She decided she would continue to use the conditioner instead of buying more shaving cream so she could see if this may be the secret to smoother, sexier legs. The next time she used it, she  felt even more improvement in her skin & so on & so on, until she finally gave up on the Skintimate shaving cream & opted for a bottle of cheap conditioner (to use only for shaving or course for the gurl would NEVER use cheap conditioner on her hair!). Never again has she had to suffer with anything less than super silky legs, which, of course makes her work a little bit harder on the stair climber & enjoy shopping for shorts & dresses a little bit more too! And that's a fairy tale ending for any gurl! ;)

The moral of the story.... cheap conditioner lasts longer than shaving cream & leaves your legs softer! It makes sense if you think about it.......it's conditioner. It softens & conditions the hair on your head..... Of course it's going to soften the hair on your legs give you a smoother shave thus leaving the skin on your legs softer! Duh!  Why didn't I think of this sooner?! And body oil is just a win win all the way around! It is great for smooth skin, it's cheap & it helps prevent razor burn!! I like Neutrogena but this bottle pictured is just an empty one I had that I refilled with plain old Baby Oil. I try to opt for no fragrance or the Aloe Vera one to avoid possible irritation from certain scents  but there are lots of brands of body oil out there. Use it right after you get out of the shower while your skin is still wet or at least slightly moistened for BEST, skin softening results!
P.S. Here's a Baby Oil Bonus- It doubles as an eye makeup remover, you can use it in bath water to help soften skin (just be careful in the slippery tub after) & it helps to prevent stretch marks! 
Pretty smooth, huh?!

No comments:

Post a Comment