Pages

Monday, May 7, 2012

Monday's Challenge For The Week

I have a confession to make......I am in love! It's true! I have been wanting this for so long & it feels so good!! It's all I can think about!! When I'm done, I can't wait to do it again!!! This is the real deal!!! I know that if I just stick with it,
 it will just get better & better!!!
I have totally fallen in love with
YOGA!!!

I have been wanting to get into Yoga for sooooo long!!! 
So last week I did a yoga circuit in Oxygen magazine & I loved it! I wanted more!! So, I found some videos on You Tube & did those then stumbled upon a website called Yoga Glo that I absolutely LOVE!!!!! It is filled with all things yoga! For $18 a month you can take yoga classes in the comfort of your own home!! They have everything from beginner's classes to really advanced!! It came with a free trial so I am currently on that right now. But I really want to actually go to yoga classes too, so today I found one that's not far from my house & I'll be going to my first class tomorrow morning at 9! I am so excited!! I know some of the poses & transitions from what I have been doing online but I am still very much a newbie & have a lot to learn so I am a little nervous! Wish me luck! This will be a totally new experience for me & quite a change form my normal weight lifting circuits & cardio. I am going to have to figure out how to work it all in!
Yoga is so interesting to me because of the way it teaches you to connect your body & mind with the universe. I have been doing relaxation yoga at night & it is very calming. I find it really helps me connect with my inner being & push the rest of the world out. I love that!  The stretching in my muscles feels so good & I am really looking forward to growing more & more flexible ( and hopefully being able to do poses like the one above)! My hamstrings are already so sore from the 6 times I have done it!!! That says a lot!!!
Wanna see a picture of me doing a yoga stretch?! 
That's me! :)

So, on with the challenge for this week! 
By now you should be used to working your abs & drinking your H20 so keep it up! Keep working your abs & drinking your H20!!! This week, in honor of my new  yoga romance, i challenge you to plank at the end of your ab circuit!
Hold it for  a minimum of 30 seconds but try to hold it for 1 - 2 minutes. Rest & repeat 2 - 3 more times. Planking is hard work! Especially at the end of an ab routine! You will feel it all through your core! Just remember to breathe! You can do it!! Your core is a lot stronger after all the ab work you have been doing!! Planking is a great way to challenge your muscles in a different way!!
For those of you who are interested in doing some yoga, too........... check out Yoga Glo right here.
  Keep calm & yoga on!

No comments:

Post a Comment