Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Wednesday is Operation: Smoothie

I didn't intend to get this blog out so late tonight but I ended up doing my nails & that always takes a little more than 2 shakes of a lambs tail! But, my nails look fabulous (if I do say so myself) so I'm happy! I was missing my Pink & Whites! Anyway, so I'll keep it short & to the point!
I have been looking forward to Wednesday's Operation: Smoothie ever since last Wednesday's edition! I love a good protein smoothie after a workout! I knew it had to be blog worthy so I really put some thought  into it!  And, the result .......today's smoothie is now one of my new favorite smoothie recipes! I used half an orange & half a banana as the key ingredients & came up with what I now call a Citrus - C  Smoothie! The best part about this smoothie (other than drinking, it of course!) is that I have the other halves to the both the orange & the banana in the freezer so I can have one again tomorrow! Not to mention that it's loaded with Vitamin C, Potassium & lots of other healthy nutrients!
Pretty smooth, huh?!

Citrus - C Smoothie
1/2 an orange - 2.5 oz (peeled)
1/2 a regular sized banana (about 6 inches) - mine was frozen
1/2 C unsweetened almond milk
1/2 C H20
1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
1 Tbsp Stevia
*Blend in you Ninja or whatever you use to blend your smoothies & enjoy!
*This rang the post workout bell at around 210 calories, 22 carbs & 22 grams of protein!

No comments:

Post a Comment