Pages

Thursday, April 26, 2012

TGI Love Fabulous Food Friday!

TGIF!!!!
It's the second edition of my TGI Love Fabulous Food Friday! Each Friday I will post 1 easy meal recipe & 1 snack recipe that I ate that week! 
No matter what mood I am in, whether I am stressed, happy, bored, pumped up after a good workout or any of the other 42 moods I can be in........ I am either thinking about something to cook or I am in the kitchen cooking it! This week was no exception! I had a little bit of a stressful start to my week & ....... guess what?! I took it out in my kitchen! It's a stress reliever for me! But, I made some pretty tasty food so..... all is well!
Now, without further ado, on to the first recipe...... 
 Mexican Pizza
1 low carb, high fiber tortilla round
1/8 C  Vegetarian re - fried beans
2 oz grilled chicken breast - cut into strips
fresh tomato sliced into chunks
2 Tbsp sliced black olives
1Tbs diced red bell pepper
1/8 C 2 % or fat free cheddar cheese grated
*Spray the tortilla shell & bake until it's slightly crispy but not too hard before adding the toppings then bake again until the cheese is melted!
*You can use whatever toppings you like! I just listed the ones that I used on the one pictured!
It was Muy delicioso!

Now, for the snack recipe! I am LOVING this for a post workout snack or anytime you want something easy & protein PACKED!!!!!  This recipe is a GEM on the macro nutrient scale!!! ! I call it a .........

Protein Power  Pan - Crepe
Filling:
* 1/4 C 2% lower sodium cottage cheese- sweeten  (if desired)
with a Stevia packet & a dash of cinnamon & set aside.
Pan - Crepe:
2 egg whites
1/2 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
1 Tbsp Stevia
1 Tbsp H2O

*Put all ingredients in your shaker & shake until well blended. Then pour all of  it into a heated skillet & cook until just firm enough to flip. Then flip & cook until it's golden.
*Then spread cottage cheese onto one side, fold over & eat! 
* You can use whatever you like for the filling such as Greek yogurt or any natural nut butter or even fruit for example! You can also use chocolate protein powder instead of vanilla! And for another idea..... you could double the recipe, pour them into smaller sizes & eat them like pancakes with sugar free syrup or whatever toppings 
you like when you eat regular pancakes!
*This recipe rings the post workout, protein packed snack bell at 
77.5 calories, 5 carbs & 18 grams of protein!
(Nutritional content will vary depending on your protein powder!)



No comments:

Post a Comment