Pages

Sunday, April 22, 2012

A Beautiful Weekend

Hello ladies! 
Another weekend draws to a close & another Beautifully Fit week is before us! 
Your Beautifully Fit weekend posts are going to be all about beauty!
We all love the beautiful glow of a sunkissed tan, right?! Nothing makes you feel more attractive than having a great tan! And, unfortunately, if you are like me, you have spent a lot of time achieving that tan in tanning beds over the years! Going to the tanning bed has been a guilty pleasure of mine since I was about 19 years old & I still love to go but I quit this year for my 35th birthday as a gift to myself. Because unless you have been living under a rock..... tanning beds are very unsafe for our skin, not to mention the premature
 aging that it causes, which I, for one, am not a fan of! 
Besides, with the sunless tanning products out now, there is no reason to risk the health of our skin for that beautiful tan we all want! I have been using the self tanner Fake Bake for years now. It is a professional product that is only available in salons. It is way more cost effective than paying for an airbrush or mystic tan! Fake Bake comes in all different formulas. Lotions, gels, airbrush & this new flawless formula that is a spritz that you mist onto a smooth mitt & then apply. This new flawless is my favorite so far I think, but all Fake Bake products are great! They don't streak or turn orange AT ALL! I started using it when it came out because it was the self tanning product that Brittney Spears used & if it was good enough for Brittney, it was good enough for me! (And I still love her btw) You can see the tan when it comes out of the bottle so you can see exactly what you are doing & where & how heavy you are applying which gives you the chance to fix any mistakes before it dries & you wake up looking like a zebra! They also make an all over body bronzer called Brone on the Glow which is great for enhancing your self tan after it starts to fade! Yes, self tanning takes a little perfecting, that's true. But, isn't it worth it? So, I wanted to give you a few self tanning tips & advice & encourage you to treat your skin more beautifully by using self tanner instead of laying in harmful tanning beds!
Tips for applying a beautiful, perfect self tan:
1) Shave & exfoliate!!!
 I use an exfoliating scrub I make myself out of Neutrogena Body Oil (or you can use baby oil), Sugar in the raw & coarse sea salt blend. I apply it while in the shower using exfoliating mitts that you can buy at Wal Mart or any drug store.
(*Please be aware that this makes your shower floor super slick! DO NOT SLIP!)
2) Grab a good creamy lotion!!!
After you are all smooth & dried off & are ready to apply your Fake Bake, dab a creamy lotion onto places you don't want the tan to stick too heavily to, 
but apply only to those places!! 
 Knees, elbows, feet (get toes & around ankles & on the top of your feet) & around wrists. 
You don't need a lot & don't blend it in very much.  
3) You are ready to tan! 
*NOTE!!! Fake Bake looks really dark when it comes out! It doesn't look as dark when you actually get it on your body so don't freak out! It's ok!
 Pretty much this same application techniques can be used for every formula. Put on the gloves that came with your Fake Bake & if you are using lotion or gel, squirt some into your hands & start applying. Do it one body part at a time. Leg, arm, chest, etc. Start on a bigger area, such as the shin of your leg then your thigh, then blend over your feet & knees after most (not all) of the tanner has  been spread over those areas so you don't get too much on those spots. You want color on your feet, knees.& elbows.... just not too much.
The same goes for arms. Go over the elbows & around the wrists last. 
I always apply to my face & neck as well. I have very sensitive skin & it has never broken me out EVER!! However, If you don't want to do your face, 
I recommend you at least do your neck.
4) Your back!! 
This may seem tricky because you either have to grab your man or a teenage girl that is close by & make him or her do your back for you or if you are single like I am (or your man or teen just won't do that sort of thing) then you are on your own. I have learned to reach every part of my back, believe it or not, with my own two hands over the years! It's something I am proud of... is that weird?! Anyway, this is where the airbrush tan comes into play or you just settle for rubbing it in on your shoulders as far as you can reach. How much & where on your back you apply it is totally your call. 
Just make sure your shoulders are covered on top, especially if they are going to show.
5) Make sure you inspect yourself in a room with good lighting!!! 
Take a good look at the backs of your legs, feet, etc.If you do see a streak, take your lotion & lightly blend it in. 
I always go over my toes & around the soles of my feet & my ankles one 
last time with a little lotion for good measure.
 6) Your hands! 
Nothing gives away a fake tan like someone whose body is tan but hands are white as a sheet! Don't be scared! Your hands aren't as hard as you think! Grab the lotion & put some on the backs of both your hands. Then squirt a dab on the back of one of your hands & rub in using the back of both of your hands so you are tanning them both at the same time. Do that with your fingers, too. Blend in between each finger & don't forget your thumb! Again, add more lotion if you need to. I always do this on my hands, too!
7) Now, don't put on any clothes or go to bed just yet!!!
It dries pretty fast but you need to wait about 10 minutes. I always apply my Fake Bake at night. If it comes off on your sheets, it will come out so don't panick! Same with clothes. If you do apply at night, you can rinse in the morning but don't scrub.. You will notice color coming off & washing down the drain but that is NOT YOUR TAN! That is just the cosmetic part of it. The part that is colored so you can see it & not make a mess of it. 
Just don't scrub or use a body poof or soap. 
Rinse, get out, air dry or barely dry yourself off with a towel & 
apply your lotion or whatever it is that you use. 
*Be sure that you use a makeup that matches your tan! Bronzing powders 
are great for giving your face a sunkissed glow!
*You can apply a few times a week if you want to. I apply mine on Thursday or Friday nights for the weekend & usually again on Tuesday. 
*I use Fake Bake Bronze on the Glow in between when my tan starts to look not so dark anymore. I love it! It makes your legs look like you are wearing pantyhose! It is a full body bronzer with a little bit of light 
reflecting pigments & a gold shimmer!  
  *Lotion is the key so keep it close while you are applying self tanner! It helps to blend in areas & make your tan really smooth! 
*You can always add more! That's why doing one area at a time helps. You can get one leg like you want it & then have a better idea for the next leg. 
If you want to be as tan as Paris Hilton, you can be! 
Your tan is in your control!
And remember that it is going to get  a little bit darker overnight or the course of the day!


Now all you have to do is wear your beautiful tan proudly & figure out how you are going to answer everyone when they want to know where you have been tanning! 

(If you have any questions or I have left anything out please email them to me!)



No comments:

Post a Comment