Pages

Friday, April 20, 2012

TGI Love Fabulous Food!!!

TGIF!!!!!! 
I have really been meaning to do a post on my birthday so I thought I would kick off my TGI Love Fabulous Food series with the food highlights & a few pictures from the party so you can meet a few people that are closest to me in life!
 I had a tropical themed party so I tried to keep the food I made tropical-y! Most (not all) of it was clean & healthy & all of it was vacation - worthy good! 
Fruit Tree

 I made my first ever Fruit Tree. I served 2 yummy fruit dips, margarita flavored salsa with corn tortilla chips & Hawaiian Pineapple Chicken Salad. The highlight of the food (for me) was the Hawaiian Pineapple Chicken Salad I made that ended up evolving into another even greater recipe the next week! I actually entered it in a recipe contest that is going on right now on Facebook!  I am posting the recipe for it below! You have got to try it! It is really really good!

Fruit Dips








 I made  both of the fruit dips with plain nonfat Greek yogurt as the base ingredient & for one I blended almond butter, cocoa powder & Stevia for a clean, rich fruit dip & the other I stirred in a 2 qt packet of Pineapple Mango Crystal Light drink mix! Crystal Light may not be considered "clean" but I still love it & use it all the time! It made a yummy & super low calorie fruit dip! And you can use any flavor you like!


 Now, on to the main event! 


Pine - A - Hawaiian Summer Sliders

*These little sliders are the perfect thing to serve at all the outdoor cookouts we will all be hosting or attending with the warm weather approaching! Or when you just want to bring a little bit of the tropics into a drab week! After all..... our mouths deserve a vacation too! And nothing tastes more like vacation than pineapple!
You will need:
1) 4 oz roasted chicken breast
2) 2 Tbsp plain nonfat Greek yogurt
3) 1 Tbs Dijon Mustard
4) 1 packed tsp Splenda brown sugar blend
5) 1/2 tsp lemon juice
6) 2 oz fresh pineapple cut into chunks
7) 4 Tbsp Salsa- I used magarita flavored (optional)
8) 4 whole grain slider buns
*Shred cooled chicken & set aside. In a small dish, mix the creamy part (ingredients 2 - 5), then stir the shredded chicken into it until it is well covered. Next, fold the pineapple chucks in & spread onto 4 slider buns. Top w 1 Tbsp of Salsa & serve!
(Could also be served as a dip with whole grain crackers!)
*Nutritional content: per sandwich-150 calories/20 carbs/11.5 grams of protein.
Pine - A - Hawaiian spread alone (whole batch)-
201.25 calories/12.63 carbs/26 grams of protein.

Those are the food highlights from my 35th tropical themed birthday party! It was really fun to decorate everything up & have a theme to base the food around! I will definitely be doing the tropical theme for cookouts in the warm weather & am pondering what other themes I would love to center a get together around! I  hope you all enjoy the pictures & let me know if you make any of the recipes & how you like them!


No comments:

Post a Comment