Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Wednesday is Operation: Smoothie

It's here ladies! 
The middle of the week! It's all downhill from here!.... 
in a good way though!
I hope you are all having a great week so far! I have a bad knee & I have been really dealing with some pain in it lately which isn't any fun & I also have a headache to top it off! Ugh! So, I think a soaking in a hot Epsom salt bath while reading a good book then going to bed early sounds just perfect for tonight! And that is exactly what I am going to do as soon as I am done with this blog!
As I told you Monday, I am trying to get this blog more structured. Mondays are about motivation with a challenge & on Wednesdays, I am going to do smoothies! I love a good smoothie! You can do so many things with them & are a sure fire, easy "whey" to add some protein to your day! Drink one as a meal replacement or lighten up on the ingredients to drink with a meal or as an after dinner nosh! This smoothie recipe is great, clean smoothie recipe for in the morning before a workout or as any meal replacement! It will fill your belly up & keep it full because of the low glycemic index carbs in the sweet potato!
Operation: Smoothie


Sweet Potato Smoothie
1 small sweet potato (around 5 oz or less)
(cook, peel & refrigerate it the night before so it's cold in the am!)
1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
1/2 c unsweetened almond milk
1/2 c ice
1 Tbsp Stevia
a dash of cinnamon & nutmeg
*Throw all ingredients in your Ninja 
(or whatever blender you use) 
& blend until smooth! 
You can sprinkle a dash of cinnamon on top before serving
 to make it pretty or leave it off!
*Mission accomplished at: calories 225, carbs 28, protein grams 20 

No comments:

Post a Comment