Pages

Friday, April 13, 2012

Sweet Hawaiian Pineapple Glazed Chicken



TGIF!!!!!
 I have to say that my week has been pretty good! I felt a little off track after having so much going on last weekend but I made it through & am looking forward to the weekend! I had a lot of fruit left over this week & that is unusual for me! I love love love fruit! Don't get me wrong! I used to eat it ALL the time!!!!! Like...... when I say all the time, I mean ALL THE TIME!!!!! Like, I made entire meals off of just fruit!  It really helped me lose weight & keep it off! But, it is high in carbs & there is so much debate on it in the fitness industry that I don't really eat it all that much anymore because I have been too scared that it would interfere with me seeing the results I have wanted to see in my body. But, lately, I have to be honest...... I have really been thinking about incorporating more fruit back into my diet. I am learning to love myself for who I am & in a place where I just want to be fit & healthy! I will more than likely never have six pack abs but I am ok with that! It doesn't mean I don't envy people that have them or that I will cut my workouts short or not work out as hard or anything like that......I just mean that things like light cheese or fruit for example that a lot of people avoid when getting super toned are still really good food choices & are have never stood in the way of me staying slim. In fact, things like light string cheese & grapes are what HELPED me get thin! All kinds of foods have their important places in each of our daily diets! Not to mention that everyone has different goals & dietary needs. You have to make food choices that are right for you & your goals & I have to do the same. The same thing goes for exercise. I am not a fitness model...... I am just a healthy & fit girl who wants to look & feel as healthy as I can & stay that way as long as I can!  Now, that being said...... let me move on to the yum factor of the post 'cause this dish totally was!!!!!
Having all the fruit around has inspired & helped me make a couple of new things this week! This is one of them! It would be good on a bed of brown rice too but I chose the carbs from the pineapple...... both would have been too many for me.
 
Sweet Hawaiian Pineapple Glazed Chicken 
Cut fresh pineapple into several chunks & set aside. 
For the glaze :
2 Tbsp plain nonfat Greek yogurt
1 Tbs dijon mustard
 1 packed tsp of brown sugar Splenda
 1/4 tsp lemon juice
Mix in a little bowl. 
(Makes a great spread or dip too!)
*I preheated my toaster oven to 350 & lined my pan with aluminum foil & curled the sides up around my thinly sliced fresh chicken breasts so that the 
glaze would stay on & around them.
Spread the glaze on top of each breast then place pineapple chunks on top
 & around & bake until done!

I don't know about you but there are few things in this world that are tastier than grilled or baked pineapple! This is definitely one of my new favorite things to make! Especially since, after making it at my party last weekend, I can take the leftover chicken & make Pineapple Chicken Salad again! YUMMM!!!!!! I know, I know...... I need to post the recipe for it too! But, for now.....bring a little vacation to your taste buds with this recipe! 
*I ate steamed veggies sprinkled with Mrs. Dash lemon pepper seasoning on the side with mine! I am not even going to get started with how addicted I am to that stuff! 

3 comments:

  1. For me I avoid fruit. BUT it is so easy for me to do so because I don't like it. I know! Im few among many. I just dont care for it. So a multivitamin for me and Im good.

    I will say, you are correct that when Im or most are in comp prep mode fruit is a no no. But everyone has different goals and when youre trying to strip every ounce of fat from your abs you must eliminate that sugar.

    If youre watching your sugars and want fruit I suggest have it in the a.m. with some form of protein. Helps balance blood sugar and prevent a spike in insulin levels. So a fruit protein drink is ideal and fills you up.

    Okay one more tip! Fruits lowest in sugar are berries. Such as: raspberry, blueberry, blackberry, and strawberries. Also green apples.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dont only avoid fruit but certain vegetables that are high in sugars. Carrots, corn, green peas to name a few.

      Delete
  2. Good advice Krystal!!! I know y'all have to be super tight on your diets to look that good!! I give u mad props!! :)

    ReplyDelete