Pages

Friday, April 13, 2012

Monday's Challenge For The Week!

It's just another manic Monday for me! 
Usually Mondays are one of my favorite days of the week but I have to say that 
lately that hasn't been true. I can't really say why for sure but I am ready
to get my usual Monday mojo BACK! So, if you see it.... 
will you please return it?! 
Thank you! 


So, today I am posting our second weekly challenge! Did you all do last weeks?? I did! I added a minimum of 3 sets of 25 exercises my abs every day last week other than Saturday & Sunday! So, I thought since the first challenge was on abs, that I might just keep that theme for this week, too......only change it up a little!  Having a strong core is important! It affects everything you do! If you didn't do last week's challenge, that's ok! Start with this week's! I am not making these challenges too extreme because I know some of you, myself included, have your own training routine going. And if you do, then these challenges can just be a little add on bonus & you can pick the higher reps & shorter rest periods.! For those of you who don't exercise regularly, then go for the lower number of reps & a longer rest between each set & circuit. 1 - 2 minutes should do the trick! You don't want to rest too long! Also be sure you are getting in some form of cardiovascular activity at least 3 to 4 days a week! Work these challenges in however you like! They are just to encourage & challenge you to work in a little fitness into your every day life!
This week's challenge is an ab circuit! One of my faves! It's best to complete each set f exercises back to back, resting only 15-30 seconds between circuits or not at all. But, if you can't do that just yet (don't worry, you will get there if you keep going!) then space it out -only if you have to- & over 3 different times during the day. But, try to aim to leave shorter periods of time every day, until you can complete the whole circuit 3 times with no longer than a minute rest in between!!
* Remember- it's going to burn! That doesn't mean stop! That means it's working! Push through the burn! YOU CAN DO IT!
Ab Circuit
complete all exercises in a row with minimal rest between-depending on your fitness level
15 - 25 regular crunches
15 - 25 oblique crunches (side crunches)
15 - 25 reverse crunches
15 - 25 bicycle crunches
*Rest 15-30 seconds (no longer than 1-2 minutes if you are new to exercise)
*Repeat circuit 3 - 4 times



No comments:

Post a Comment