Pages

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

A 35 for 35 Arm Workout & A Chicken Sandwich in a Wrap!

Just a few more days until my birthday! I am so excited! I am really looking forward to having my party with my close friends & family! I have been so busy trying to get everything ready at my house & decide what beverages & noshes to serve! It is a tropical themed party so everything is Hawaiian & tropical-ly! A few things I know I am serving are Hawaiian chicken slider sandwiches, a pineapple fruit tree with clean fruit dip & 
a skinny-fied key lime pie!  I will be sure to post pictures of the spread! 
Anyway, tonight I am tired & ready to go to bed & read! But, I wanted to share with you what I ate tonight for dinner & the next 35 for 35 workout I came up with today!
 Both the food & the workout are worth trying! 
Let's start with the arm workout!
35 For 35 Arm Workout 

*bicep warm up:
35 curls with straight bar on cable machine

*biceps (resting 30 seconds between sets)
hammer dumbbell curls 5 sets of 7 reps (medium weight & increase weight for last set)
curls w EZ bar (alternate close & narrow grip each set) 5 sets of 7 reps (increase weight for last set)
regular dumbbell curls 35 reps in a row
*tricep warm up:
35 tricep pressdowns with rope on cable machine
triceps (resting 30 seconds between sets)
tricep pressdowns with rope on cable machine 3 sets of 35 (increase weight on last set)
dumbbell kickbacks 3 sets of 35 reps ((increase weight on last set)
dumbbell overhead extensions 3 sets of 35 reps (increase weight on last set)

*finish with 35 crunches on stability ball
*30 minutes on the stairclimber for cardio

This was a great workout!  My plan on the abs this week is to do them every day, but heavy on Mon, Wed & Fri & lighter on Tues & Thurs. I am going to start incorporating high rep workout routines more often! Maybe every other week........ It takes some getting used to & adjusting with the weights when you are used to lifting heavy for just 8-12 reps but I think it's a good change for my muscles! Let me know what you think if any of you happen to try it!  
Now all that lifting will leave you ready to refuel with some clean, muscle building food so on to the chicken sandwich in a wrap recipe!
I love to throw lean protein on a low carb wrap! It doesn't get much faster than that & pretty much any sandwich you can think of makes a great wrap! Eggs, tuna, clean chicken salad, nana n' pb (posted recently),  veggies...... but tonight I just kept it simple! I had some grilled chicken breast in the fridge & was craving a chicken sandwich so I cut it in long strips, topped it with tomato slices, a pickle & 1/8 cup 2% shredded cheddar cheese. I heated it up & had it with a side of steamed stir fry veggies seasoned with lemon pepper!
Just an example of why not to leave your wraps forgotten on the back shelf of your fridge!  There's lots of healthy, easy, fast & tasty things you can do with them!....... provided they are healthy wraps! Not all wraps are created equal! 
Just like anything else, read the label on the back!
Look for high fiber, low calorie & low carb! 

Chicken Sandwich in a Wrap

No comments:

Post a Comment