Pages

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Simple Egg Fritatta


Well, here it is...... another end to the week! The weeks go by so fast!I spend so much of my time in the kitchen & although I enjoy cooking, I am going to make it my goal to take this coming Sunday or Monday to prepare all of my food for next week & see how that goes. It may take most of the day but I think i would rather do that than have to cook, plan & prepare every day throughout the week! I am at least going to give it a shot & see how it goes! I'll let you know! 
Well, this week I have been really trying to consume more calories & make sure I am getting adequate protein to build muscle. It has been a challenge & a lot to keep up with! I love My Fitness Pal app on my iPhone! It is so quick & easy to track everything I eat & my exercises! It takes a little effort to get all of my recipes in as you add new ones but it is totally worth it! And, I can view my diary online, too! If you haven't checked it out & you have an iPhone, you should! If you have another kind of smart phone & don't already use a calorie tracking app, you should find the best one for your device & get tracking! It really helps to see what you are eating! You'd be surprised!
Tonight, I ate later than I like to eat because I worked late. So, I thought the incredible, edible egg fritatta  would be the perfect choice for dinner! It can be made a whole lotta different ways, too! ..........I like foods that you can mix 'n match!
Here is the lean & healthy recipe!:
1 carton of egg whites 
2 whole eggs
4 oz cooked chicken breast
2 - 1/3 c steamed & drained sweet peas
2 tbsp salsa
1/4 c fat free or 2% mozzarella cheese

Pour peas into an oven safe skillet sprayed with butter cooking spray & place shredded chicken on top of peas. In a large bowl, mix container of egg whites & 2 eggs with a whisk until you see little bubbles. Add salsa & mix enough to blend it in. Carefully (you don't want to slosh the peas & chicken around too much!) pour the egg mixture on top of the chicken & peas & place on burner til the fritatta gets firm around the edges & isn't watery. Then sprinkle cheese on top & place in an oven heated to 350 until the cheese is melted & fritatta is firm. Just watch it so you don't burn it!
Cut into 8 slices like a pie! 





*You can flavor with salt substitute & pepper, fat free butter spray, put it on top of brown rice or if you want something to dip it with...... try nonfat greek yogurt mixed w salsa! It's really good with a fritatta!!!!
*Prepared this way ..... each slice is 60 calories, 3.4 carbs & 7 grams of protein!

No comments:

Post a Comment