Pages

Friday, March 9, 2012

Punkin' PB 'n J Protein Bites





TGIF!!!!! Today Kristei & I finished the first week of Phase 2 of the Live Fit Trainer! It was a great week workout week but I am ready for next week because the routine is familiar now so we will be able to move at a faster pace. The one thing I have been struggling with for a long time is the issue of how many calories I really need to reach my fitness goals. I have talked to a few different trainers & everyone always has different advice. It is really a frustrating issue for me but I think I have found someone who is going to help me with that! I was referred to her from a good friend & I am hoping after talking with her next week I will finally have some concrete information that will help me get to where I want to be! So, I will be posting more about that when I find something out! Until then...... here is a yummy treat for you to make & nosh on this weekend!
I made a batch of punkin' protein bars & had em in the fridge, but yesterday, I wanted to try to kick em up a notch......so, I took 2 bars, sliced em in half & spread 1 tbsp (1/2 tbsp each) of natural peanut butter on the bottoms & 1/2 tbsp (1/4 tbsp each) of sugar free strawberry jelly on the tops then sandwiched them together! I know what you are thinking....... pumpkin & strawberry, right?! But, trust me........ it waks soooo good! It was rich & creamy & ooey & gooey & very tasty! One thing I have learned from spending so much time in the kitchen trying to create healthy foods is to think outside the box! Because sometimes things that don't seem like they would go together, end up being a match made in healthy food heaven!

Punkin' Protein Bars
1  c oat flour
1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
4 oz vanilla carb smart yogurt
2 egg whites
1/2 of a 15 oz can of pure pumpkin
1/4 h20
1/4 tsp cloves
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp of baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt

Blend wet ingredients in 1 bowl & dry ingredients in another then mix all together until really well blended. (I throw all of mine in my Ninja!) Pour into a 8 x 8 square baking pan pop into the oven heated to 350. Then mix up 1 tbsp of stevia & 1/2 packed tsp of brown sugar splenda in a small dish &after the bars look slightly firm but are still wiggly, take them out & spread the brown sugar - stevia mix all over the top & barely pat down so they really stick to the top of the bars. Then pop em back in the oven & bake until done & a toothpick comes out clean! 
*Per bar (without pb & j) they are 34.5 calories, 4.8 carbs & 3 grams of protein

No comments:

Post a Comment