Pages

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Classic Breakfast

j
It's the first day of Daylight Savings Time! 
I have had a great weekend so far & am looking forward to today! I was really craving pancakes today (as I do every Sunday) so I actually spent an hour in the kitchen trying a new recipe from my Clean Eating cookbook...... but, unfortunately I have to say that I did not like that recipe & I will not be making them again! It's never fun to spend time making & cleaning up after something you cooked that you didn't even like, but unfortunately........ it happens sometimes! Especially when you are cooking clean because the ingredients you cook with can be tricky! All is not lost though...... I have another clean pancake recipe that I know I love & I will be sticking with it from now on.
So, I went with the classic omelet & pb & j toast! I made the omelet with w 1 whole egg, 3 whites & 1 piece of 2 % colby jack cheese. The toast is Ezekiel bread w 1/2 tbsp natural pb & 1 tbsp of strawberry jelly. Not exactly what I was craving........ but still a breakfast you can't go wrong with!........... Think I will have a good clean cheeseburger with some sweet potato fries for dinner tonight to make up for not getting my Sunday morning pancakes!



No comments:

Post a Comment