Pages

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Chocolate Cherry Delights

Cherry Chocolate Delights
Good Tuesday morning to you! I hope you all followed up on the links I posted yesterday & are well informed about your supplements! It is so important that we all stay on top of the things we put into our bodies! But, I have to say that after yesterday's serious subject, I am excited to blog about peppier & yummier things today!
Yesterday began the 3rd week of Jamie Eason's Live Fit Trainer for me & I did shoulders, abs & usually would have done cardio, however, Sunday my mom (aka my hero) & I laid 200 concrete blocks in about 4 hours on our back patio, so....... I skipped out on my cardio due to the fact that my back was killing me & I strained my right wrist. I was actually surprised I made it through shoulders & abs with the way I was hurting. I am still feeling it in my back & wrist today so I will have to be careful doing legs here in a bit but I am going to give it all I can without injuring myself. It's crazy but, even though I did all that..... I still felt like a total gym slacker for skipping out on my cardio yesterday! Oh well......I'll take the guilt! It motivates me to get back at it & anything that motivates us to workout & train hard is worth it, right?!
So, if you want to see what I am doing in my training, here is the link to the Shoulder workout I did yesterday. (I took an ab routine from another day) I am not going to post the whole routine as I did last week because if you are interested in following the program yourself, then you will need to read about it & start from the beginning & customize the days for your own schedule, as I do mine.
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie-eason-livefit-trainer-phase-2-day-46.html 

Now for this recipe which I know you all want! Do you ever have those moments when you are craving just a bite of something? I am a nibbler, so I have lots of those moments throughout the day! Sometimes, you  just need to practice willpower & other times......you really do need a bite of something healthy, sweet & satisfying! That's why I love these! The recipe I base these bars from is one I got from the Busy But Healthy recipe page I follow on Facebook. It's a very versatile bar that is really easy to change up however you want  to make it different! This time, I changed the typical berry topping to cherry chocolate! And they truly are nothing short of delightful! 
Cherry Chocolate Delights
bar ingredients:
2 c oats
1/2 c natural peanut butter (or almond butter)
3/4 Stevia
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
1/4 c coconut
1/2 c + 1 tbsp h20
topping ingredients:
1/2 c cherries ( I use frozen)
1 tbsp cornstarch (for thickening)
1 tbsp cocoa powder
Stevia to taste 
(I used about 2 tbsp but you can use more or less to achieve desired sweetness)
Mix all the bar ingredients until well coated & press into 9 x 11 pan.
For the topping:
Simmer all ingredients until melted & thick (adding cornstarch if needed but be  take in to account the extra calories & carbs if you do) After it's nice & thick, pour over on top of bars & either refrigerated until cooled & cut into 16 squares or you can bake for a few minutes until top is bubbly then remove from oven, let cool & cut into squares. Either way! You can bake it or no bake it! Pretty simple huh?! ........ I think i want to try one heated up & crumbled on top of some Greek yogurt! Yum!!
These little treats ring the healthy bite bell at around 50 calories, 5 carbs & 2.5 grams of protein each!




No comments:

Post a Comment