Pages

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Tuesday Treat- Strawberry Lemonade Protein Bars

Today was a great Tuesday! My first leg workout of the week was fierce! (I thought i was going to fall out at one point!) I have been working on getting my new MacBook Pro set up which is a lot of work & gives me a headache but I love it so I enjoy it! I got my new Scentsy Catalogs for Spring along with all the new testers & I am really excited about all their new products! I made plans to hang out with a good friend of mine on St. Patty's Day (yay!) before she moves FAR away (sad sigh) & then that got me thinking about planning something to do for my upcoming birthday in April (YAY!)..........I ate a piece of my deep dish pizza for dinner tonight & the season finale of one my favorite shows, Parenthood is coming on at 9! .........there was a lot of other stuff in between but I'll stop there.
On with the good stuff!...... I know you want to the recipe for these bars so I'll get on with it.......
Let me just say that experimenting with protein bars has become an obsession! I am always trying to come up with something new! Jamie Eason's lemon protein bars have always been one of my favorites & I was craving those so i came up with these based off of that recipe. I cut the calories  & carbs down from her recipe & bumped the protein up! They came out perfect! Tart yet sweet like a good lemonade! They were really cake - like  with a rich, thick & moist taste! I think I am going to have to try one warmed up & crumbled over a vanilla carb smart yogurt!! Mmmmmm.........Try em for yourself! Here is the recipe!   
*1 c oat flour (I make my own out of old fashioned oats)
*2 scoops vanilla whey protein powder (depending on the brand, the nutritional content will be different. I use MRM)
*1-2 qt lemonade crystal light packet
*2 egg  whites
*1/2 c stevia
*1 container of strawberry carb smart yogurt form Kroger
*4 oz water
*1/4 tsp salt & 1/2 tsp baking soda
-Grind oats and add all dry ingredients together. Add all your wet ingredients & mix until well blended. Bake at 350 in a 9 x 9 pan. Let cool (if you can stand it) & cut into 16 squares!
Each square has 39.25 calories, 3.8 carbs & 5.13 grams of protein!



3 comments: