Pages

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Cinnamon Baked Apples

I don't know about you guys but ever since I was a baby I looooved apple anything!!! I walked around w a baby bottle full of apple juice hanging out of my mouth forever ...... Then I had a sippy cup full of apple juice! So, needless to say if it's apple flavored..... I'm interested!! So, I love taking classic comfort foods & cleaning em up! This one is especially easy, fast & just as yummy as the sugar filled cinnamon baked apples we all grew up on! Take whatever kind of apple you like (granny smiths are my fave!), peel & slice (or leave the peel for extra fiber) & you can do the baking cooking part 1 of 2 ways. If I amazing a big batch, like 3 or more apples then I put them in a glass covered baking dish. If I am just making 1 serving using 1 apple, then I use a small glass covered dish & nuke em in the microwave. Either way is fine! Just follow the directions below according to how many you are making!
*Use 1 tbsp of water & 1 tbsp of natural no sugar added applesauce per each apple used. (you may need to add 1 tbsp or more of water extra if they start getting dry. Just check them every minute or so to see.)
*sprinkle a dash of cinnamon & a dash of apple pie spice (or nutmeg if you don't have apple pie spice.) & 1 tbsp of stevia on top of the diced apples & applesauce.
*cover w lid & microwave or bake! It usually takes around 3 minutes in the microwave for 1. But, I like mine soft. You can cook yours to your preference on that.
What I REALLY love about these is that you can eat them w a carb smart vanilla yogurt & a tbsp of crushed almonds on top & seriously feel like you are committing the diet crime of the century!! Or...... Just eat them by themselves, top your morning oatmeal off w a couple of spoonfuls or eat them as a side w your morning eggs! Eat em however you like but you gotta try em!! They are definitely a treat to me that never gets old!!
*shown here w the peel left on, one topped w almond slivers & one w vanilla yogurt & nuts that truly tastes as good as apple pie & ice cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment