Pages

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Skinny Pumpkin 'n Protein Spiced Latte

So, I love coffee!..... 
however I am not a big coffee drinker. Only because it can be hard on my stomach & I am caffeine sensitive & yes, even decaf has small amounts of caffeine in it. But,  the cool weather always makes me crave a cup of hot coffee!  But I like sweet flavored coffee...... not just plain coffee. A couple of weeks ago I was out shopping with my best friend & decide I wanted to try my FIRST Starbucks! Yes, you read that right...... it was my FIRST time to ever get a Starbucks coffee! Almost un-American huh? Anywho, with it being Fall & all & taking into account that I am a Pumpkin-a-holic, I (of course)  wanted to try the Pumpkin Spice Latte that I always hear everyone rave about. So, I got a decaf Pumpkin Spice Skinny Tall Latte & it was yummy! But NOT skinny! I later learned that night that it had 40 carbs! 40!!!! Now, can anybody tell me how they call a drink w 40 carbs  "skinny"?! The answer is, no..... nobody can because that's NOT SKINNY!!! Geez Loise!!! That's CRAZY!!!! So, I made it my mission to make a Pumpkin Spice Latte that was TRULY SKINNY - not an imposter - & to also add some protein too! And I have to say that, as I am sitting here on my couch in my pj's with my windows open on this cool Fall morning with the scent of my Scentsy Clove & cinnamon in the air enjoying my last cup of my Skinny Pumpkin Spice Latte while blogging right now...... it is even better than the Starbucks version!
 It's PUMPKIN-Y, YUMMY, HEALTHY & SKINNY!!!!
;)

Skinny Pumpkin 'n Protein Spiced Latte
 The following are what I use. You will have to adjust the ingredients depending on how much coffee you use.

*I use Folgers Simply Smooth Decaf (because of my tummy ) but just use your favorite coffee!
*I have a 3 Cup Coffee Maker (that really comes out to 2 full cups)
I brewed my pot of 3 (really 2) cups of decaf, then I poured it all into my protein shaker bottle & added 1/4 c Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk, 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder, a good couple of shakes of Pumpkin Pie Spice, a dash of cinnamon, a cap full of Vanilla extract, some Stevia in the Raw (I like mine sweet so do yours to your taste). Then I shook it up really well & poured a cup & put the rest back in my pot & back on the coffee pot to keep it warm. When you go back for cup 2, just stir it cause the protein & spices want to hang out at the bottom of the pot! Shaking it up makes it come out all frothy just like the coffee shop! I sprinkled a little extra cinnamon on top & added a cinnamon stick for stirring as well! Adds a wee bit of extra flavor but mostly just made the picture really pretty! ;)
*I had my 2 cups for 57 calories, 1.5 grams of healthy fat, less than 1 carb, 1/2 gram of sugar & 10 GRAMS OF PROTEIN!!!!
Take that Starbucks!


No comments:

Post a Comment