Pages

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Pressed Chicken Nuggets & "Fried" Potato Chunks

I bet you forgot about me huh?! I have been MIA for awhile. Truthfully, I have just been busy with so many other projects lately! But, I am still here! Life has dealt me some unexpected twists lately but you know what I have learned? It's the trials in life that make you a better person & show you what you are really made of. For it's in the trials in life that we grow & change. It's up to you whether you let them change you for the better or for the worse. I choose BETTER!  Don't you?!
I don't know about you but the last time I ate a chicken nugget was........ well, it's bee so long I don't remember! Lol! So, Pinterest being the wonderful source of all things that it is...... made me want some so bad! I have never attempted to make anything like this before but I have had my experiences with things that have to be coated then dipped in batter & in my experience, it's been a lot of work & doesn't ever come out right for me. I end up ruining half the dry mix cause it gets all yucky! So, I took a different approach! It was easy & they came out perfect! And, hey..... who isn't all about that when it comes to cooking?
I cut my cleaned chicken breast up into chunks & I put them in a bowl with 2 egg whites & coated them really well. Then instead of dipping them all individually , I put them on a cookie sheet close together & I poured my mix of Italian Panko Bread Crumbs & Parmesan Cheese on top & pressed it on top of the chicken! Then I baked them at 450 until the tops looked crispy! I have a fear of cooking on high so they would have been crispier had I just left them in longer. Yours will probably be prettier but mine were still really good! Also, you could sprinkle the pan with the bread crumb mix first, then lay the chicken on top, then sprinkle the top again so the bottoms will be coated too! These were...........

Here they are before I seperated them!



After they are done baking, just seperate them into nuggets!

I seriously felt like I was BIG TIME cheating! I had them & my "Fried" Potato Chunks with some reduced sugar ketchup & I was in total Saturday night "cheat" heaven! Especially since it was healthy! That made it even better!



For the Potato Chunks I just cut a potato into wedges, sprayed them with nonstick olive oil or butter cooking spray then I sprinkled Mrs Dash Garlic & Herb seasoning on them, tossed them around in a bowl until they were well coated & put them on a skillet over medium heat & cooked them until they were done making sure to keep turning them over so they crisp up evenly! you could bake these as well if you wanted too!

Mmmmmmmmmm...........
That's a healthy twist on a classic Southern Comfort Food you can be proud of! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment