Pages

Saturday, May 5, 2012

TGI Love Fabulous Food Friday!

Well, this edition of TGI love Fabulous Food Friday comes to you on Saturday morning because my day yesterday got busy & I just never got around to blogging.....actually I never even opened my Mac Book yesterday! 
Gasp! I know right?! 
But, sometimes it feels good to live a day outside of cyber world! 
I did enjoy some really great food this week! One of the 3 recipes I am about to share with you is a protein cupcake recipe that I am  proud to call my very own! Yes..... I said protein cupcake! They are amazing! And really cute too! I designed & named them around an Alice In Wonderland theme! 
For those of you who don't know me that well..... I bleed Disney! ;)

This first recipe is a Veggie Lover's French Bread Pizza!
All you need is a loaf of whole grain french bread from the bakery, whatever veggies you like, a low carb & sugar sauce (you can make it homemade or just add some Italian seasoning to the plain stuff to dress it up!) & some fresh mozzarella or 2% cheese!
Hollow out all the bread & just leave it like a little boat, then brush it with EVOO & toast a few minutes til it's a little crispy before you put anything in it. You can saute any veggies during this time if you need to. Then start with your veggies, then layer sauce & cheese & bake until melted! Really simple & really delish!


Next on the list ended up being one of the absolute tastiest ways I have ever dressed up Greek yogurt & I cannot WAIT to have it again! It tasted like apple pie!
Plain nonfat Greek yogurt -1 serving
1 tsp pure honey
dash of apple pie seasoning & cinnamon
Stir & then see how slow you can eat it!....... Seriously! 

And now, without further ado........ let's see how deep the rabbit hole goes!
The Hatter's Mad Cupcakes
dry ingredients:
1 1/2 C oat flour
1 vanilla carb smart yogurt
1 serving of birthday cake flavored protein powder
1/4 C stevia
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
wet ingredients:
2 egg whites
1 Tbsp vanilla  
4 oz H20
Icing:
1 wedge of Laughing Cow light cream cheese
2 Tbsp of vanilla carb smart yogurt

1Stevia packet 
Stir with a fork in little bowl


*food coloring of your choice to make them un-birthday looking!
 I used neon food coloring for mine!
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk egg whites then add remaining wet ingredients  until blended then add to dry. Blend until smooth then pour into medium sized muffin pan sprayed with non stick spray filling about 3/4 of the way full.Take the food coloring (only use 1 color per cupcake otherwise they all bleed together & are not so  pretty if you try to make them multi colored. I lost a good cupcake trying to do that!) & put 2 - 3 drops on top then poke it with a toothpick several times to get it down into the batter. Bake until toothpick comes out clean then completely cool before icing. I would only ice the ones you are going to eat.
Makes 9 regular sized cupcakes. I posted some extras about this recipe below the last picture.

*Per cupcake  -  calories 85, 2 gram of fat, 10 carbs & 8 grams of protein!
Perfect for any un-birthday occasion! ;)
 
*I have switched to a new protein powder that comes in these convenient little bottles that you can take anywhere, has no chalky aftertaste, no artificial sweeteners, no growth hormones & the best part is that it is only 125 calories per serving, 0 fat, 0 carbs, 0 sugar, 31grams of protein & comes in tons of awesome flavors! Like... birthday cake! Check it out right here. But if you don't want to buy birthday cake flavored protein powder, use regular vanilla. I am sure they will still be good! They just won't have the same cake flavor. 
*You could make this in mini muffin tins if you wanted to & have mini cupcakes which would also be really cute! And you could use cute little wrappers too, which I left off so you could see the inside of the cupcakes! Eek! I love recipes that you can make pretty! Makes me happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment