Pages

Sunday, May 20, 2012

A Beautiful Weekend

Those that know me know that I am a Nail Magician! 
I have been dazzling digits for 13 years now & am very well known for my nails in my neck of the woods! Nails are just who I am  & though I fantasize about other jobs sometimes........ I can't imagine doing anything else! 
Other than being a Disney Princess of course! ;) 
Hands & nails say a lot about a woman! Whether your nails are natural or artificial, taking care of them is an absolute necessity! I don't care how "together" you think you look, if your nails aren't done,  you're NOT fully dressed! So, today I am going to tell you how to freshen up your salon nail polish job in between your appointments to make it look fresh, new & shiny again! You have no doubt probably experienced that totally polished, feminine feeling that leaving your Nail Tech's station with your nails all perfectly, beautifully polished & shiny & thought to yourself, "If only they would stay like this!"...... Inevitably, they do not (unless you have been turned onto gel polish) 
stay that pretty & shiny & the ends end up wearing off about halfway
 between your appointments. 
But, FEAR NOT! 
All it takes is a few simple steps to get your pretty, polished 
mani looking like you just walked out of the salon again!
These are my nails & I dazzle them myself! ;)


You will need:
*smooth buffer (no higher than 400 grit or lower than 280)
*cuticle oil
*orange stick
*same color polish that you have on (purchased from your Nail Tech, not Wal Mart!)
*Fast drying professional top coat (my favorite is Seche Vite)
*plastic manicure brush & hand soap

-Apply a small drop of oil to all 10 nails & rub over fingernails.
-Buff each nail lightly just enough to buff in oil & remove the shine. Lightly smooth over the tips of your nails as well.
-Squirt soap on your manicure brush & wash your hands & nails scrubbing all the oil off of your nails.
-Dry nails thoroughly before applying 1 coat of color over your polish, using the other polish line as a guide. Depending on how much your nail has grown you can adjust how close to the cuticle to polish. Try not to get too close though! It always looks better to see a tiny amount of nail than it does to see polish covered cuticles! If you do get any on your cuticles, clean it up with your orange stick.
-Wait for polish to dry about a minute or so before applying 1 layer of top coat!
THAT'S IT!!!
* A bonus tip- If you don't have any professional quick dry to mist (my favorite is  OPI Rapidry) over your polish to help it dry faster you can run them under ice cold water for a few minutes after they have dried for about 5 minutes first!


No comments:

Post a Comment