Pages

Friday, March 30, 2012

Friday, meet Peanut Butter Banana-licious!!!!

TGIF!!! 
 Another weekend is upon us!
 I kicked my Friday off with a great leg workout this morning which, of course, always leaves me famished! I have been wanting to try incorporating my beloved natural pb & banana in a wrap for a long time & since breakfast & after a heavy workout (like legs) is the best time to consume something this high in carbs & fat so today..... I went for it! And let me tell you it ...... was....... so........ good!! I didn't know how it would taste with my Fiesta flavored wrap (you can see the seasoning in it) but it was really yummy! The name brand of this particular wrap is Smart & Delicious & they are the mini wraps. I got them at Kroger. They are only 50 calories, 6 carbs & 3 grams of protein each! So, I spread 2 tbsp natural pb - & by natural I mean the only ingredients are peanuts & maybe salt (mine is just peanuts with no added salt) & I spread it out on the wrap then peeled a small banana & placed in the middle, rolled it up & cut it in half! So, you could eat half & keep the other half in the fridge till the next day but, it was so good.....I ate the whole thing! It's wins the award for fastest  & tastiest snack that I have tried in a long time! It's really, really, really good! The only people I can see not  liking it would be someone who doesn't like peanut butter! But you could try it with almond butter, soy nut butter or any other clean spread you like! But, whatever you do..... try it! It's one of those things that you eat & it's so good 
that it feels like it should be bad...... but it isn't!!! 
 It's a little piece of heaven inside a healthy wrap!

No comments:

Post a Comment