Pages

Thursday, March 29, 2012

A Busy Week & An Omelet On Wednesday.....

Happy Thursday everyone! Have you missed me?! I have been MIA the past couple of days because I am trying to get my back patio ready for my upcoming birthday party next weekend! As I am sure most of you already know..... outside work is tough stuff! It'll show you what you're made of, that's for sure! I have moved (with the help of my mom) 200 concrete stones, laid five 40 lb bags of rock, planted flowers in several pots, hung wind chimes, sun catchers & lights, spray painted & hand painted like you wouldn't believe! I even hand painted a fairy statue that turned out super pretty! I am happy to say that the patio is almost all done,  but not yet! I will be posting pictures when it is so you all can see!
So, Tuesday I did my Jillian Michael's DVD Killer Buns & Thighs instead of my normal leg day at the gym & yesterday I just worked outside & didn't go to the gym at all! Gasp! ......But it's not like I sat around eating Twinkie's all day watching Seinfeld (I would NEVER do either, by the way!) Other than having lunch with my dear friend Miranda before she moves away, I worked outside all day, so I know I got a good all over workout!
I still miss my gym routine though! As soon as I am done blogging I am headed to the gym for arms, abs & cardio!  Then tomorrow I will be back in the gym for legs!
Due to running around like Tigger, I have been in the kitchen a lot less than usual this week, which has been kind of nice but then kind of haphazard when I am ready to eat because I don't have my food prepared, I don't have  a lot to choose from to make & whatever I eat, needs to be ready fast so I can get back at it! So, last night, since eggs are a favorite dinner food for me anyway, I decided on an omelet! I always pride myself on making a pretty omelet because I remember the days when it seemed the pans would never let me master the perfect omelet technique! I would lose agonize, cry & lose sleep wondering if I would ever be able to serve myself lest anyone else........the perfect omelet! .....ok, it wasn't really THAT dramatic but it was important! It still is! Every time I start to make one, I still doubt myself in the beginning!...... but then.......I look at my eggs in the pan bubbling & firming up & I realize.......nah! I still got it! And what's even greater about the omelet is that it's so versatile! Like the little black dress in your closet...... Yes, it's the same dress just hanging there on the hanger, but when you pair it with your favorite accessories & voila! It takes on a whole new look every time! Same as the omelet! Sure you can have just a plain cheese omelet.......it has it's time & place....... but why stop there?? Accessorize your omelet sister!!! Fill it with tasty, clean foods like grilled chicken breast, lean ground turkey or beef, broccoli, sweet peas, peppers, onions, tomatoes, any flavor of low fat cheese or anything else that you think goes great with eggs! You can top with nonfat Greek yogurt, salsa or even a healthier ketchup (Warning-ketchup on eggs if for serious eggers only!)!  You are the chef & it's your kitchen so have it your way! Just keep it clean! So, there is an egg-tastic idea for  dinner tonight or breakfast in the morning! Sometimes, when I feel especially motivated, I make 2 omelets & put the second one in a container to have the next day & believe it or not, a second day omelet is just as good as the first after you heat it! Eggs are a great source of protein & so low in calories! I usually make my eggs with 1 whole & either 2 or 3 whites. I never eat more than 1 whole egg a day but you can enjoy as many whites as you like! They are so figure friendly you may even want to eat them while WEARING your little black dress!

No comments:

Post a Comment