Pages

Thursday, March 22, 2012

A Decadently Sweet Dinner


Whew! I had a busy last couple of days! I have to confess that I did great on preparing my lunch & having my protein bars made but I was not prepared on my dinners this week! And..... I am in need of a Kroger run.......so, when I got done with work tonight I wanted something with some substance to it & something tasty! I had peanut butter on the brain & though about just having a pb protein smoothie but I know how I am & sometimes a protein smoothie can leave me feeling unsatisfied...... even if it was filling...... because when I am hungry, I want something I can sink my teeth into & actually CHEW! I'm weird I guess. Anyway, I popped a whole grain protein waffle (these are always a life saver to have in the fridge!) in the toaster & topped it with 1 tbsp of pb & 1 tbsp of sugar free grape jelly & made a strawberry protein smoothie with 1/2 c plain nonfat greek yogurt, water, ice, stevia & a dash of a strawberry crystal light pack! I gotta say.......it was really good &  totally hit the spot! It's not something I would eat every night since it was a heavier dinner than I am used to eating, but I had a hard workout earlier & didn't get in my calories during the day today so that's ok! It was still low carb & packed with protein!  It's nice to know when faced with the challenge of not having a lot in my pantry or fridge that I can still find something HEALTHY  & FAST to throw together! It's proof that eating healthy doesn't have to be complicated or a lot of work! 

No comments:

Post a Comment