Pages

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Strawberry Cream Protein Muffins

Sundays I usually wake up with pancakes on the brain...... but this morning, I opted for muffins instead since it has been awhile since I have made any. I wanted to make a healthy, crumbly topping for them but that's going to take some looking into & I was ready to eat so I whipped up a creamy spreadable topping instead! I ate 1 of these scrumptious muffins with my eggs this morning & it was really, really moist & good! A perfect carb option for breakfast that anybody you cook for in your house will love! ......I know my mom did! Here is the recipe!
Strawberry Cream Protein Muffins
muffin batter:
2 c oat flour
1 c stevia
1 c fresh or frozen (but de-thawed) strawberries
1/2 c unsweetened almond milk
1/2 c applesauce
3 egg whites
1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
 1 tsp baking soda 
1/4 tsp salt
cream topping:
3 tbsp plain nonfat Greek yogurt
1 tbsp fat free strawberry cream cheese
1 tbsp stevia
*Preheat oven to 350.
*Blend dry ingredients - oat flour (grind first if you make them homemade like I do), stevia, protein powder, baking powder & salt together. Then add wet ingredients - applesauce, egg whites, almond milk strawberries to the dry ingredients & blend well. Batter is kinda pink.
Pour into 12 regular sized muffin tray that has been sprayed with butter cooking spray. Bake until toothpick comes out clean! Do not overbake! Cooking with appleasauce & stevia is tricky! It is crucial to take your stuff out before it overbakes so your food isn't dry!
*For cream topping - In a small bowl mix all ingredients with a fork until well blended. Spread a tad on top of each muffin then granish with a slice of strawberry to make em pretty-ful & more yummy-ful! 
*Each sweet little strawberry muffin taps the breakfast bell at 70 calories, 11.25 carbs & 4.5 grams of protein!
(Remember that the nutritional contents posted are accurate for the specific ingredients I use. Using different protein powder, milk or anything else you use that is different will require adjusting the nutritional contents!)

No comments:

Post a Comment